A little place with a BIG history!

Koppel was named after Arthur Koppel of Orenstein & Koppel which was a German manufacturing company that owned 558 acres of land in nearby Big Beaver Township by 1907. In 1912, Koppel was established as a borough. The next year, Orenstein & Koppel donated land to the new borough for school and municipal buildings. After most of the town was confiscated by the Office of Alien Property Custodian from Orenstein & Koppel in 1917, much of the property was sold to the Koppel Industrial and Equipment Company. Other manufacturing companies had a presence in Koppel—the Pressed Steel Car Co. from 1919 to 1937 and Babcock & Wilcox during the 1950s.

Ellwood-Koppel Bridge long ago

Little League Baseball game from long ago.

The old Koppel Bridge

Koppel Bridge Replacement

Old Industrial Photo

New Bridge Dedication

Modern day Arthur Street

Small place with a BIG history!

Small place with a BIG history!

Small place with a BIG history!

Small place with a BIG history!

Small place with a BIG history!

Small place with a BIG history!

Small place with a BIG history!

Memorial


KOPPEL WEATHER